|« November 2018 »|
| || || || ||1||2||3|
Did you know........
- Rabbits was the original name for babies while adult rabbits were called coneys.
- Rabbits are not rodents like rats or mice but are actually lagomorphs.
- Rabbits can sleep with their eyes open.
- Rabbits require about four hours of exercise daily. They can suffer from osteoporosis if they don’t get enough exercise.
- Rabbits shed hair when you hold them as a defense mechanism to get free from any predators.
- Rabbits groom themselves.
- The only place a rabbit sweats is through the pads on its feet.
- Rabbits can gag on food but not vomit at all.
- Rabbits eat their own night droppings called cecotropes.
- Rabbits have strong teeth that actually never stop growing from when they are born.
- Rabbits can have false pregnancies.
- Rabbits have a very delicate and fragile backbone.
- Rabbits can see behind them but not directly in front of their nose.
- When rabbits are happy, they will jump and twist, which is called a binky.
- Predators can literally scare a rabbit to death.
- Rabbits whiskers are as wide as their bodies so they can feel around them and not get stuck when crawling through a tunnel.
- Rabbits can purr similar to a cat.
- Rabbits have got a strong jaw and generally only show 2 teeth but actually have 28 teeth in total.
- Rabbits need hay to assist the digestive system and prevent fur balls in their stomach.
- Rabbits have very good memory.
- A rabbit can live as long as 10 years.
- There are over 100 known breeds of rabbits.
- Domesticated pet rabbits actually cannot mate with a wild rabbit.
Total online: 1